Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 17: Drippy




Today's post is on "Drippy" nails. This look is definitely a cool one. I did this a second time this morning because I wasn't happy with the way they came out the first time.

The first time I tried it I thought that I would use this new nail art pen/art brush that I bought at an indoor swap meet last week. I thought that it would be easier with the pen side to do the drips instead of using the Stripe Rite brushes that I use for most of my art. WRONG! the paint in the pens is really thick and it just was messy. I kept scratching my base color and it would let out too much paint or too little. It wasn't consistent at all.

So, my second time around I decided to use the striper with a dotting tool and the brush from the polish bottle. It took some time to get it as perfect as I wanted it. I'm sure if I keep practicing the drips that they will get easier with time.

The first picture I took was indoor and I thought that my flash didn't do this awesome color justice so, I took an outdoor pic and as you can see the color just pops off of the color of my skin. I love it.

I am very happy with the way these came out today. I will be sad to take them off tomorrow.

Colors I used:

Julie G "Bikini"

China Glaze "Liquid Leather"

Black Striper

No comments:

Post a Comment